Delicious Gainesville Finds On a College Budget



If you are tired of going to the same restaurants where the food is overpriced and not spectacular, this is the blog for you. I will visit a different restaurant that may not necessarily be well-known but might have amazing food for a reasonable price. I love food and hope to find a few new favorite restaurants. Eating on a budget, without having to splurge on Ramen noodles every day, is always a plus!

Sep 25, 2009

Shooting Star: Japanese Grill & Sushi

After a long week filled with exams, meetings and homework, my roommate and I decided we needed an hour to simply relax. She had heard of a little place that claimed to have drink specials throughout the week. With only 7 people at the bar including myself, my roommate, the bartender and four other people he seemed to know pretty well, it was easy to get comfortable at this restaurant. The extensive drink menu made it difficult to choose a drink at first but the reasonable beer specials actually made the decision for me. I look forward to trying the several different types of cold and hot saki they offer especially with the buy a drink get a drink free before 7 p.m. promotion. Although I am not a fan of sushi, unless the meat or fish inside is cooked which might not truly qualify as sushi to true sushi eaters, I decided to split some sushi with my roommate. The shrimp tempura rolls were excellent and the perfect meal to share. The restaurant also has live music and karaoke during the week with different drink specials every night.

2 comments: